Interruption in access to appointment booking service 27 March 19:00-23:00 More information
Interruption in online service 30 March 06:00–15:00 More information
Quick guide to survivors’ pension
Someone who has lost a family member may receive a survivors' pension from Kela in the form of a spouse's pension or an orphan's pension.See the quick guide to survivors’ pension
- Spouse's pension
- The spouse's pension provides financial support if your spouse/partner dies. Kela can pay the surviving spouse an initial pension and a continuing pension.
- Orphan's pension
- The orphan's pension provides financial support if the guardian of a child under 18 years or of a student under 21 years dies.
- Survivors' pensions from other payers than Kela
- The authorised pension providers also pay survivors' pensions. Pensions can also be paid from a workers compensation scheme or from motor third party liability and group life insurance.
- Death of a family member
- If a family member dies, there are many things to remember and arrange. The checklist summarises things that have to be arranged if a family member dies.
- Death of a child
- If your child dies, there are many things to remember and arrange. The checklist summarises things that have to be arranged if your child dies.