Basic Income Experiment
Basic Income Experiment ended on 31 December 2018
If you have been paid a basic income and have not applied for other benefits to which you are entitled during the experiment, you must now apply for them.Read more
The experiment in practice
- Objectives and implementation
- A group of 2,000 persons were paid a montly basic income of €560 for two years.
- Frequently asked questions
- Why and when was the basic income experiment conducted? Here’s a list of the most frequently asked questions!
- Contact us
- Do you have questions about the basic income experiment? Contact us!
Rationale of the basic income trialFinland conducted an experiment testing a basic income in 2017-2018. What is it all about? Watch the video!
Changes to Kela benefits in 2019
The basic income experiment will end – participants must remember to apply for unemployment benefits
With the basic income experiment set to finish at year’s end, some details on how the ongoing evaluation study will proceed
Contrary to reports, the Basic Income Experiment in Finland will continue until the end of 2018